There many wonderful reasons to dance. Dancing is one of the few ways you can actually exercise without even knowing you are exercising – because you are having so much fun. With the right dance lessons you can even include the social aspect of dancing. And If you’re a man or woman who watches calories you will be very happy to hear that burning calories feels great when you’re having fun burning them.
Dancing has so many benefits that you will be wondering why you don’t do it more often. You may think you can’t – or that you have two left feet or that you need to have partner. Choose dance lessons that make these barriers melt away (like a Modern Jive for example) and you’re set for spectacular results. At many classes having fun is important. However a Modern Jive dance lesson is actually an entire evening of fun, learning, skill building – and exercise with the emphasis on having fun. That means you can take your focus off exercising and simply relax into learning to dance. So the first big benefit is feeling and looking fitter without even thinking about it, Not to mention getting huge boost to your confidence. Here are some more benefits of learning to dance.
As little as thirty minutes of modern jive freestyle dancing 3 days a week can bring about profound results when it comes to your overall health and well-being.
- Dancing burns calories. In a “freestyle” dance (practice dancing session) you can burn between 250 and 500 calories. Do that 3 times a week and it’s probably all you need to do.
- Dancing helps you build stronger muscles. Strong abdominal muscles help you burn fat more efficiently even when you’re resting.
- Dancing makes you happy. We all want to feel happy. Dancing to current tunes you hear at a party or in a club gives off endorphins, which give you a “high.” and the feeling of exhilaration. It’s not unusual for people to leave a dance lesson (after they’ve partner danced in the freestyle practice for 30-40 minutes) feeling like they are walking on air. And the feeling can last for a day or more.
- Dancing helps tone all areas of your body making it ideal to do in conjunction with “focus spots.”
- Modern Jive in particular provides an excellent opportunity to socialize and meet others. Imagine building a whole new social network of friends through a shared interest. For single people in particular it’s a great way to meet and make new friends in an inclusive atmosphere and reduce loneliness.
- Dancing helps you gain a better sense of balance and grace (for men who often won’t dance because they feel they have neither, it’s worth taking lessons just for this benefit).
- The physical activity of dancing can help you ward off potential illnesses that are often associated with excess weight and too little physical activity.
- Dancing builds your confidence on and off the dance floor. Modern Jive is a dance that can be done at any social event. So you can grab every opportunity to dance and feel yourself getting better each time.
- Dancing helps you include physical activity into your life without feeling it’s a punishment. For minimal commitment the benefits are huge.
- Dancing helps you feel lighter, happier and more joyful, improving your sense of well-being.
- Dancing, especially modern jive dancing, is FUN. We could all do with more fun in our lives as when we are having fun it reduces the amount of stress we are under. From line to salsa, to ballroom dancing, swing to modern jive dancing is fun and accessible whether you’re single, a couple or in a group. Just find the instruction and group that are right for you, take the first step and with commitment you will see the benefits. Your health will improve and your body will thank you for it. Whether you have danced all your life or are a novice dancing is a great way to bring physical fitness into your life and improve your health without feeling a sense of dread when you think of exercise.